Receive a weekly summary and discussion of the top papers of the week by leading researchers in the field.

In Scientific reports ; h5-index 158.0

To explore the predictive performance of machine learning on the recurrence of patients with gastric cancer after the operation. The available data is divided into two parts. In particular, the first part is used as a training set (such as 80% of the original data), and the second part is used as a test set (the remaining 20% of the data). And we use fivefold cross-validation. The weight of recurrence factors shows the top four factors are BMI, Operation time, WGT and age in order. In training group:among the 5 machine learning models, the accuracy of gbm was 0.891, followed by gbm algorithm was 0.876; The AUC values of the five machine learning algorithms are from high to low as forest (0.962), gbm (0.922), GradientBoosting (0.898), DecisionTree (0.790) and Logistic (0.748). And the precision of the forest is the highest 0.957, followed by the GradientBoosting algorithm (0.878). At the same time, in the test group is as follows: the highest accuracy of Logistic was 0.801, followed by forest algorithm and gbm; the AUC values of the five algorithms are forest (0.795), GradientBoosting (0.774), DecisionTree (0.773), Logistic (0.771) and gbm (0.771), from high to low. Among the five machine learning algorithms, the highest precision rate of Logistic is 1.000, followed by the gbm (0.487). Machine learning can predict the recurrence of gastric cancer patients after an operation. Besides, the first four factors affecting postoperative recurrence of gastric cancer were BMI, Operation time, WGT and age.

Zhou Chengmao, Hu Junhong, Wang Ying, Ji Mu-Huo, Tong Jianhua, Yang Jian-Jun, Xia Hongping

2021-Jan-15